Washer system leakage

 

Our Zimmer lost it's washer fluid within 2 days, but we found no liquid under the car. So I decided to dismantle the system for checks.

(This is a Zimmer mod).



Below the multi purpose tank. The deepest part is for the coolant overflow, the other for the washer fluid. That one has the built-in pump. This is the test setting, just to see where it was leaking. It was not!





Next was to follow the tubes from the pump to the washer nozzle. (There is only one dual nozzle on the Zimmer)

I discovers that not so far from the pump0, there was a tube diameter change. It was facilitated by a plastic thingy that had the correct diameters at both ends. And guess:  while I took it out, it pulverized in my hand. That must have been the leaky part.




I could not recreate the adapter, but found a piece of flexible tubbing that fitted the pump and also was able to fit over the other tube tightly. So no connector needed, just slide the original tube in the new part. 

And now... my washer fluid stays on board :-) 





Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Headlight Rewiring

Battery replacement